Master of Science in Flight Test Engineering
Master of Science
in Flight Test Engineering
The Master of Science in Flight Test Engineering (MS FTE) is a post-secondary degree approved by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities in Ontario. ITPS is an accredited institution with a 35-year history in flight test academics. The program has a duration of 12 months (three semesters) and consists of mandatory and elective courses towards the 53 academic credits required for graduation. Students may select either the fixed wing (FW) or the rotary wing (RW) program.
The traditional 1-year graduate (military) Test Pilot / Flight Test Engineer course offered by ITPS fulfills all the requirements of the Master of Science in Flight Test Engineering programme, therefore students eligible for admission will be offered the MS FTE upon successful graduation.
- FTE01 Introduction to Flight Test
- FTE02 Fixed/Rotary Wing Performance Flight Tests
- FTE03 Fixed/Rotary Wing Flying Qualities Flight Tests
- FTE04 Avionics Systems Flight Tests
- AFT01 Advanced Civil Flight Tests
- AFT02 Digital Flight Control Systems
- FPR01 Final Project
Minimum academic requirements for admission are:
- An earned 4-Year (or equivalent) accredited BSc in Engineering recognised by the Washington Accord; and,
- A minimum average grade of B in the final year of the BSc (A master’s degree from an accredited institution may also satisfy this requirement).
English language proficiency must be demonstrated by:
- Graduation in a BSc from a University where the primary language of instruction is English; OR,
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency as demonstrated by an acceptable Internationally recognized English Language Test Score equivalent to an IELTS 6.5 (Academic) with no band below 6.0.
- A minimum of a TC Class 3, EASA Class 2, or equivalent.
For more details contact: info@ITPSCanada.com
Students benefit from a 35-year heritage in the teaching and practice of flight test techniques across multiple civil and military programmes and join the community of hundreds of graduates from 25 different countries. ITPS understands the ever-changing flight testing needs of air arms and industry. Our Master of Science degree ensures students meet specific training goals within their organisations and safely and effectively participate in flight testing.
Our programmes reflect lessons learned during many years of flight testing airplanes and helicopters for manufacturers around the world. The expert international team of ITPS instructors ensures that all students receive a high standard of up-to-date, effective and affordable training.
ITPS also provides exceptional family support to assist students to settle into a diverse and friendly Canadian city and be ready to learn.