Inventory and Purchasing Manager
Head of Maintenance
To assist in efficient warehouse operations and purchasing, for all products/parts required to support the maintenance and operations of ITPS Canada and operations maintaining a high level of safety and meeting service levels for internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Checking the incoming paperwork against the purchase order to ensure the correct part has been supplied.
- Checking the part hasn’t been damaged in transit.
- Giving the part a unique ‘batch’ number so there is a paperwork trail when that part is fitted to the aircraft.
- Giving the part a location in the store so that it can be found in the future.
- Maintaining a register of parts in the store.
- Supply the part to be fitted to the aircraft when requested.
- Maintaining a register of parts which have a shelf life and removing those that have reached the limit.
- Receiving unserviceable parts from the maintenance engineers.
- Source and order parts from the supplier.
- Dispatching unserviceable parts for repair or scrapping them if they are no repairable items.
- Maintaining a stock of consumable items, such as cloths, cleaning fluids etc.
- Maintaining a stock of oils and greases.
- Ensure accurate data entry using Inventory Control Systems.
- Conduct physical inventory counts as well as parts selection.
- Responsible for the proper handling of delicate components.
- Accountable for shipping various goods via courier, domestic and international.
- Ensure that all goods are shipped adhering to the dangerous goods shipping and handling procedures.
- Maintain constant communication within the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of Maintenance.
- Experience working in a warehouse environment within an aviation maintenance store preferably.
- Experience carrying out purchasing and inventory control duties.
- Mechanical understanding gained in aviation or similar industry is desirable but not required.
- Experience with receiving, packing, picking and shipping.
- Ability to travel to provide support when necessary.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated individual capable of working independently with minimal supervision, who is also a team player.
- Strong organizational and time management ability.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please advise us, if you require an accommodation, and we will work with you to meet your needs. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should an accommodation be required.