This a truly unique opportunity that is unmatched anywhere else – whether you are early in your career and taking the right first step, or an experienced professional of several years searching for that next role that truly excites you. ITPS is a test pilot school using the latest technology and teaching techniques to train the highest level of pilots and flight test professionals from around the world. Our teaching aids are the aircraft themselves. We use a wide-ranging fleet of 20 aircraft with over 10 aircraft types to demonstrate the unique characteristics of each type of aircraft. We have in our hangar military jet trainers, single and twin-piston aircraft, large amphibious aircraft, and a variety of helicopters and simulators.
The ITPS Engineering and Maintenance (E&M) team continually maintains and enhances this fleet to keep our curriculum at the forefront of the latest technology and flight-test methods. In addition to maintaining the fleet to meet the operational needs of the flight test school, our modification projects range from small avionics upgrades to full-aircraft data sensor installation, to heavy modifications that affect the operational and flying characteristics of the aircraft. The environment is hands-on and collaborative. Our work is practical, multi-disciplinary and highly targeted for a special mission.
We are looking for an energetic, motivated and dynamic individual to join our team with the following aptitudes and interests.
- Perform work and inspections in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations, regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures, and industry standards.
- Conduct testing and troubleshooting of aircraft systems/structures.
- Conduct certification of work, recording of discrepancies and completion of aircraft paperwork in accordance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure assigned work is completed in an effective, efficient and safe manner and that persons under their charge use applicable personal safety devices and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate measures are taken to protect customer aircraft against damage by the application of protective materials and equipment is in place prior to the start of work.
- Provide assistance, advice and on-the-job training for persons under their charge.
- Complete paperwork, check sheets and other technical records.
- Work safely and report accidents, injuries, potential hazards or dangerous occurrences to management.
- Maintain clean shop, hangar and aircraft work environments.
- Lead by example providing a positive role model for others to follow.
- Perform other related activities, as necessary or as assigned by the supervisor.
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada-approved educational institution.
- 1-3 years of experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- Valid AME M2 license
- Rotary Wing (RW) experience and endorsements are an asset.
- Previous Aircraft Certification Authority (ACA) with an AMO is an asset.