Test Pilot and FTE Courses
The Flight Test Graduate Course
The Flight Test Graduate Course is focused on training pilots and flight test engineers in the skills required to test new or modified aircraft and helicopters. The course emphasizes the traditional approach to flight-testing. This includes a gradual build up to critical conditions, thorough risk assessment and test planning. Students receive intensive classroom instruction in flight test methods aided using simulation. They are also taught to use the applicable military and civil airworthiness regulations and to undertake the planning and execution of each flight test exercise. This is followed by flight test techniques instruction in flight. Graduates of the ITPS Flight Test Graduate course have repeatedly proven to be thoroughly prepared to participate in future flight test programs. ITPS has been recognized as an accredited Test Pilot School for this course by the Society of Experimental Test Pilots (SETP) and the Society of Flight Test Engineers (SFTE).
This 50-week course includes:
- 400+ hours of groundschool;
- 110+ flight hours in at least 15 aircraft types;
- Performance, stability and control, fly-by-wire, avionics and systems testing modules;
- Variable stability flights.
Start dates: January and June annually.
EASA Category 1 and 2 Flight Test Courses
Civil or Military option available: Based on the European Aviation Safety Agency regulation Flight Crew Licensing FCL.820 for an approved training course for the issue of a CAT-1 or CAT-2 Test Pilot rating. The courses are designed to qualify test pilots able to undertake flight testing on new aircraft (CAT-1) or within the approved aircraft flight envelope, including post maintenance test flights, operational test and evaluation and modifications not impacting the aircraft flying qualities (CAT-2).
- 31 weeks
- 350+ hours of ground school
- 100 flight hours of flight test techniques in 10 different aircraft types
- Includes Variable Stability In-Flight Simulator.
- 20 weeks
- 230+ hours of ground school
- 50 flight hours in 5 different aircraft types.
Do you need an experienced flight test training partner that delivers:
- Industry approved fixed and rotary wing training;
- Flexible and responsive programming taught by recognized experts and tailored to your needs and budget; and
- Access to a variety of training aircraft that are most relevant to a student’s eventual employment.
Look no further than ITPS in London, Canada. We have packed decades of flight test experience and know-how into our course calendar.