The Student Experience
ITPS is located in London, Ontario. Students will find a city with an extraordinary hidden history, pristine natural conservation areas, spectacular parkland, renowned entertainment, and a culture of its own! Enjoy a variety of experiences unmatched in Southwestern Ontario. Examples include:
- Boler Mountain is the year-round destination for outdoor enthusiasts. Perfect for mountain biking, Treetop Adventures, beach volleyball, outdoor yoga and more!
- As Canada’s largest indoor family fun centre, The Factory has a wide variety of top indoor attractions, creating endless fun things to do for the whole family.
- A unique family-centred park, Storybook Gardens is an enchanted environment for young children, themed around storybooks, fairy tales, and nursery rhymes.
- Unique craft brews and local parings to match – creative craft brew culture and great cuisine in vibrant neighbourhoods.
- The Covent Garden Market, located in the heart of London since 1845, offers fresh products, gourmet foods, unique gifts, seasonal outdoors farmers market, events and more!
Not to mention top class museums, galleries, pubs and restaurants, parks, cycle paths, conservation area, and sports arenas. London is a city very much geared up entertainment throughout the year.
London hosts numerous festivals events throughout the year. Sunfest, which takes place every July, is the second largest world music event in the country! It is held at Victoria Park, and in addition to live music, also boasts some fantastic food from various parts of the world.
Dating back to 1845, Covent Garden Market is a London treasure, not unlike the famous market in the UK city of the same name. The market sells raw food, is home to restaurants, bakeries, bars and delis. May to December the market takes it outside with their outdoor farmers’ market.
The 109-kilometre Thames Valley Trail runs along the Thames and North Thames Rivers. The trail is paved and passes through a few of London’s parks, including Gibbons Park and Springbank Park. The trail runs from Delaware to St. Mary’s, passing through London along the way. The Thames Valley Trail is a lovely hike and is a great way to spend a beautiful day. It offers spectacular views of the valleys and other elevated areas
While there is no beach in London itself, they are within easy reach for day trips. Just north of London is Grand Bend’s Main Beach, one of only 27 in Canada to have earned official Blue Flag status for its commitment to strict water quality and safety criteria. Join the crowds on the Main Beach or find a quieter experience on the South Beach. Or head south to the city of Port Stanley. This harbour community sits along the north shore of Lake Erie and is a great place to spend a sunny day. Port Stanley is home to two large sandy beaches, both of which have been given a ‘Blue Beach’ designation. There are restaurants lining the beach, as well as accommodations for those that want to spend the night.
The village is also home to numerous shops and marinas, as well as the lifting bridge across Kettle Creek. As well, there are some lovely historic homes throughout Port Stanley, so it is worthwhile to explore a little bit.
AIRSHOW LONDON is the largest military air display in Canada. Annually in September, London’s skies are brimming with aircraft at our base, the London International Airport. Pilots and crews from military fighter demonstration teams from across the continent descend on London for a weekend of unprecedented power.