A truly unique opportunity that is unmatched anywhere else – whether you are a student or newly graduated looking to take the right first step, or an experienced engineer of several years searching for that next role that truly excites you. You will be working in a special projects engineering team at a test pilot school using the latest technology and teaching techniques to train the highest level of pilots and flight test professionals from around the world. Our teaching aids are the aircraft themselves. We use a wide-ranging fleet to demonstrate the unique characteristics of each type of aircraft. We have in our hangar military jet trainers, single and twin-piston aircraft, large amphibious aircraft, a variety of helicopters and simulators. The ITPS engineering team continually enhances this fleet to keep our curriculum at the forefront of the latest technology and flight-test methods. Our modification projects range from small avionics upgrades to full-aircraft data sensor installation, to heavy modifications that affect the operational and flying characteristics of the aircraft. Our work is practical, multi-disciplinary, aircraft-level and highly targeted for a special mission. The environment is hands-on, collaborative and you will have the opportunity to touch upon all parts of the aircraft and be directly implicated in regulations and operations. This unique access cannot be found in large aerospace companies.
We are looking for an energetic, motivated and dynamic individual to join our team with the following aptitudes and interests.
- Participate in the development of ITPS Flight Test Instrumentation schedule and meet the milestones (Installation, configuration, calibration, first ground run, first flight, closing of flight test campaign);
- Develop work packages for the installation, removal, and calibration of Flight Test Instrumentation equipment in order to meet test requirements;
- Calibrate signals (Sensors, Data Acquisition Systems) for each flight test campaign and maintain calibration validity as required.
- Configure Data Acquisition Systems to meet testing requirements;
- Recording the data for ground runs and flight tests while operating the Data Acquisition System on board test beds;
- Monitor the data acquisition and data validity in flight or on the ground as required;
- Troubleshoot instrumentation issues as needed;
- Interface with program teams, maintenance, pilots, flight Test Specialists or Engineers;
- Responsibility for continuous improvement initiatives and related business innovations;
- Working in a closely integrated team to provide contracted flight test services;
- Providing ground school lectures on relevant subjects;
- Providing data analysis tutorials;
- Participating in internal projects to modify ITPS’ growing fleet of test aircraft;
- Instructing and mentoring student test pilots and flight test Instrumentation Technicians; and
- Occasional travel abroad to support company projects.
- Completion of a college diploma as an electrical or electronic Technician.
- Completion of a certified course in flight test instrumentation configuration and data gathering. Relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of formal training.
- Familiarity and/or completion of training in the use and configuration of Symvionics Inc IADS software.
- 5+ years’ experience in developmental and certification Flight Test Instrumentation system design and integration.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please advise us, if you require an accommodation, and we will work with you to meet your needs. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should an accommodation be required.