ITPS requires a knowledgeable and qualified Flight Test Instructor (FTI) at our school in London, Ontario. The Flight Test Instructor will be responsible for participating in flight test and instructional duties. Reporting to the Chief Flight Test Instructor, The FTI is a key member of our instructional staff. This position is client facing and requires preparation, enthusiasm, and the desire to mentor and support the next generation of Flight Test Professionals.
- Take ownership of and actively manage, co-ordinate and generally ensure the successful execution of courses and flying programs.
- Ensure compliance, student welfare and satisfaction for courses assigned by the Head of Training or CFI-FW
- Ensure that students are correctly briefed and prepared for flying exercises.
- Ensure that Risk Assessments are completed.
- Authorize flights within his or her powers of authorization.
- Ensure that the students receive proper flight exercise demonstrations, and that students have the opportunity to practice, flight test techniques and data-gathering techniques.
- Ensure that course flights are properly debriefed and that a Sortie Report Assessment is generated to monitor student progress.
- Ensure that students prepare and submit reports for exercises managed by the FTI as required by the syllabus and act as first marker of such reports. The FTI shall monitor the progress of individual students and brief this on a regular basis to the appropriate CFI and Head of Training.
- In the case of concerns about student progress, report to the CFI or Head of Training as soon as possible.
- Any other special projects that you are qualified to perform as requested by your manager which may require you to travel abroad.
- Perform other related activities, as necessary or as assigned by supervisor.
- EASA pilot license at ATPL or CPL/IR level with FT Rating Category 1 and FTI Rating or equivalent ICAO license and TP qualifications to qualify as FTI.
- A minimum of 3 years’ post-qualification and 200 hours experience as a test pilot.
- Previous experience as FI, TRI, or FTI is an asset.
- An FTI may hold a Category 2 only TP rating: in these circumstances’ instruction shall be limited to Category 2 courses only.
- An FTI who holds a Transport Canada or validated ICAO license AND a recognized TP qualification AND has undergone ITPS standardization may give instruction in flight test techniques to ITPS Students who are not seeking an EASA TP rating; in this case FCL.900 approval is not required.
- Willing to travel up 20% of the time.
- ITPS provides a competitive compensation package that includes a full benefit plan and more.
- ITPS provides an exciting and stable working environment with an international team of experts and high calibre clients.
- ITPS instructors can participate in in-house development flight test projects as well as flight test projects abroad from time to time.
- In-house training programs also provide opportunities to gain new qualifications and grow in the role.
- Team members are challenged to actively contribute to continuously improve and innovate in our exciting and growing organization.
ITPS has been operating in London, Ontario since 2001. Our company is one of nine internationally recognized and highly specialized Test Pilot Schools in the world. ITPS specializes in flight test training and consulting services. Specifically, ITPS offers a range of training courses for Test Pilots and Flight Test Engineers. ITPS has an established track record of providing cost effective flight test training to air forces and civilian industries around the world. The training reflects lessons learned during many years of flight-testing airplanes and helicopters for manufacturers, as well as military and civilian institutions. Our clients include defence forces and aeronautical manufacturers from around the world. For more information ITPS, and our products and services, we refer you to our website at www.itpscanada.com.