Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) – E
Aircraft maintenance engineer – AME must be trained and certified, and compliant with all applicable aviation and transportation regulations.
About the Occupation:
- Perform work and inspections in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations, regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures, and industry standards
- Conduct testing and troubleshooting of aircraft systems/structures
- Conduct certification of work, recording of discrepancies and completion of aircraft paperwork in accordance with company and regulatory requirements
- Ensure assigned work is completed in an effective, efficient and safe manner and that persons under their charge use applicable personal safety devices and procedures
- Ensure appropriate measures are taken to protect customer aircraft against damage by the application of protective materials and equipment is in place prior to the start of work
- Provide assistance, advice and on-the-job training for persons under their charge
- Complete paperwork, check sheets and other technical records
- Work safely and report accidents, injuries, potential hazards or dangerous occurrences to management
- Maintain clean shop, hangar and aircraft work environments
- Lead by example providing a positive role model for others to follow
- Perform other related activities, as necessary or as assigned by a supervisor
- Valid AME – E Transport Canada License required
- Formal training in aircraft maintenance and/or a minimum of 3 years related experience
- Good communication skills.
- Specific knowledge of manufacturing, maintenance, repair and modification of aircraft or systems and components in the areas of any of the following trades: Mechanics, Avionics, Structures, or Composites
- Ability to ensure that approved standards of Quality Control are maintained
- Ability to travel to provide support when necessary
- A self-motivated individual capable of working independently with minimal supervision, who is also a team player
- Strong organizational and time management ability
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please advise us, if you require an accommodation, and we will work with you to meet your needs. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should an accommodation be required.