This a truly unique opportunity that is unmatched anywhere else – whether you are early in your career and taking the right first step, or an experienced professional of several years searching for that next role that truly excites you. ITPS is a test pilot school using the latest technology and teaching techniques to train the highest level of pilots and flight test professionals from around the world. Our teaching aids are the aircraft themselves. We use a wide-ranging fleet of 20 aircraft with over 10 aircraft types to demonstrate the unique characteristics of each type of aircraft. We have in our hangar military jet trainers, single and twin-piston aircraft, large amphibious aircraft, and a variety of helicopters and simulators.
The ITPS Engineering and Maintenance (E&M) team continually maintains and enhances this fleet to keep our curriculum at the forefront of the latest technology and flight-test methods. In addition to maintaining the fleet to meet the operational needs of the flight test school, our modification projects range from small avionics upgrades to full-aircraft data sensor installation, to heavy modifications that affect the operational and flying characteristics of the aircraft. The environment is hands-on and collaborative. Our work is practical, multi-disciplinary and highly targeted for a special mission.
We are looking for an energetic, motivated and dynamic individual to join our team with the following aptitudes and interests.
We have a need for various experience levels (Junior, Intermediate and Senior levels).
– Perform mechanical and structural design engineering duties to support the various aircraft modification projects within ITPS. This includes the design of airframe components and the integration of system equipment.
– Create 3D models, 2D drawings and layouts using SolidWorks.
– Perform stress analysis using classical hand-calculation methods and FEM.
– Work in a multi-disciplinary engineering team of varying fields and contribute to design reviews and certification documentation.
– A self-starter who demonstrates high initiative and teamwork.
– Student or Graduate of Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
– Able to be located in London, Ontario, to work hands-on with various aircraft.
– Adjacent knowledge and interest in flight test, instrumentation, simulators and programming are an asset.
– Knowledge and experience in Part 21J design organizations with certification planning and means of compliance is an asset.
– Pilot experience is an asset.