A truly unique opportunity that is unmatched anywhere else – whether you are a student or newly graduated looking to take the right first step, or an experienced engineer of several years searching for that next role that truly excites you. You will be working in a special projects engineering team at a test pilot school using the latest technology and teaching techniques to train the highest level of pilots and flight test professionals from around the world. Our teaching aids are the aircraft themselves. We use a wide-ranging fleet to demonstrate the unique characteristics of each type of aircraft. We have in our hangar military jet trainers, single and twin-piston aircraft, large amphibious aircraft, a variety of helicopters and simulators. The ITPS engineering team continually enhances this fleet to keep our curriculum at the forefront of the latest technology and flight-test methods. Our modification projects range from small avionics upgrades to full-aircraft data sensor installation, to heavy modifications that affect the operational and flying characteristics of the aircraft. Our work is practical, multi-disciplinary, aircraft-level and highly targeted for a special mission. The environment is hands-on, collaborative and you will have the opportunity to touch upon all parts of the aircraft and be directly implicated in regulations and operations. This unique access cannot be found in large aerospace companies.
We are looking for an energetic, motivated and dynamic individual to join our team with the following aptitudes and interests.
- Propose and deploy non-traditional and dynamic solutions for FTI sensors for rapid deployment onto the various aircraft for flight test demonstration purposes.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team of varying fields and contribute to fleet improvements with regards to instrumentation.
- Work with Curtiss-Wright / ACRA / TTC data acquisition systems and telemetry systems.
- Create electrical load analyses, wiring diagrams using AutoCAD and installation instructions.
- Perform FTI installation, calibration and troubleshooting on aircraft.
- A self-starter who demonstrates high initiative and teamwork.
- 5 years minimum experience in industry in flight test instrumentation with various airborne data acquisition and telemetry systems.
- Able to be located in London, Ontario, to work hands-on with the various aircraft.
- Experience with limited category (ex-war birds) is an asset.
- Transport Canada, FAA or EASA experience in a Part 21 DAO environment and practical experience using FAR/CS Part 23 and 25 regulations are an asset.
- AME-E course graduate or apprentice level is an asset.
- Pilot experience is an asset.