Flight Test Engineer Instructor
Position: Flight Test Engineer Instructor
Terms of Employment: Full-time / Permanent
Location: London, Ontario
Employment Address: 2410 Blair Blvd., London, ON Ontario N5V 3Z9
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
ITPS requires a knowledgeable and qualified Flight Test Engineer Instructor (FTEI) at our school in London, Ontario. The Flight Test Engineer Instructor will be responsible for participating in flight test and instructional duties. Reporting to the Chief Flight Test Engineer Instructor, The FTEI is a key member of our instructional staff. This position is client facing and requires preparation, enthusiasm, and the desire to mentor and support the next generation of Flight Test Professionals.
- Participate in ground and flight tests of aircraft;
- Developing and conducting computer simulations of aerospace vehicles, systems and components using advanced mathematical modelling;
- Developing operational specifications and manuals;
- Contributing to and taking ownership for the assigned portion of the ITPS program;
- Delivering the academic courses using appropriate instructional techniques and equipment;
- Mentoring and using remedial teaching skills, where necessary to strengthen students’ academic abilities;
- Supervising, monitoring and marking of student progress tests as appropriate to the FTEI’s subject field;
- Practicing and maintaining the highest academic standards;
- Monitoring the progress of individual students and briefing this on a regular basis to the Chief Theoretical knowledge instructor and Head of Training;
- Reporting any concerns about student progress to the Chief Theoretical knowledge instructor and the Head of Training as soon as possible;
- Attending Academic meetings;
- Research paper development and delivery;
- Providing Mentorship to Junior Engineers; and
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- A bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering or in a related engineering discipline, such as mechanical engineering or engineering physics, is required.
- A master’s degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.
- Preference will be given to a graduate of a graduate flight test engineer course from a recognized institution.
- 5+ years of Flight Test Program experience
- ITPS provides a competitive compensation package that includes a full benefit plan and more.
- ITPS provides an exciting and stable working environment with an international team of experts and high calibre clients.
- ITPS instructors can participate in in-house development flight test projects as well as flight test projects abroad from time to time.
- In-house training programs also provide opportunities to gain new qualifications and grow in the role.
- Team members are challenged to actively contribute to continuously improve and innovate in our exciting and growing organization
ITPS has been operating in London, Ontario since 2001. Our company is one of nine internationally recognized and highly specialized Test Pilot Schools in the world. ITPS specializes in flight test training and consulting services. Specifically, ITPS offers a range of training courses for Test Pilots and Flight Test Engineers. ITPS has an established track record of providing cost effective flight test training to air forces and civilian industries around the world. The training reflects lessons learned during many years of flight-testing airplanes and helicopters for manufacturers, as well as military and civilian institutions. Our clients include defence forces and aeronautical manufacturers from around the world. For more information ITPS, and our products and services, we refer you to our website at www.itpscanada.com.