Flight Test Engineer Instructor (Aerospace Engineer)
Employer: ITPS Canada
Position: Flight Test Engineer Instructor (Aerospace Engineer)
Terms of Employment: Full-time / Permanent
Location: London, Ontario
Employment Address: 2410 Blair Blvd., London, ON Ontario N5V 3Z9
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy.
Eligible for company-paid health and dental benefits after successfully completing a 3-month probationary period.
- Participate in ground and flight tests of aircraft;
- Developing and conducting computer simulations of aerospace vehicles, systems and components using advanced mathematical modelling;
- Developing operational specifications and manuals;
- Contributing to and taking ownership for the assigned portion of the ITPS program;
- Delivering the academic courses using appropriate instructional techniques and equipment;
- Mentoring and using remedial teaching skills, where necessary to strengthen students’ academic abilities;
- Supervising, monitoring and marking of student progress tests as appropriate to THE FTEI’s subject field;
- Practicing and maintaining the highest academic standards;
- Monitoring the progress of individual students and briefing this on a regular basis to the Chief Theoretical knowledge instructor and Head of Training;
- Reporting any concerns about student progress to the Chief Theoretical knowledge instructor and the Head of Training as soon as possible;
- Attending Academic meetings;
- Research paper development and delivery;
- Providing Mentorship to Junior Engineers; and
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- A bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering or in a related engineering discipline, such as mechanical engineering or engineering physics, is required.
- A master’s degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.
- Graduate of a graduate flight test engineer course from a recognized institution
- 5+ years of Flight Test Program experience
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please advise us, if you require an accommodation, and we will work with you to meet your needs. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should accommodation be required.